Here are steps with visual to follow.
- Go to: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/.
- Go to SUBMIT A COMPLAINT at the top left and click on Submit a Complaint.
If “Date Reported” is the problem, include Lender Letter
Effective NOW: Call your past short sale lender and ask for the “Executive Mortgage Complaint Escalation” phone number. Call this phone # and ask for a letter stating that your past mortgage closed as a short sale with the date of the short sale closing.
- Have your HUD-1 Closing Statement and the short sale approval letter(s) for the 1st (and 2nd ) mtg. ready upon this call. Confirm when this letter will be sent.
- Attach this letter received from past short sale lender in your CFPB Submit a Complaint on Step 4. Product Information of CFPB directions below.
- Also, provide this letter to your mortgage lender and ask them to re-pull a new credit report.
- Have your lender rerun your loan with the new credit report through Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriting. This should result in an Approve/Eligible, or an Approve/Ineligible that can be fixed with proof of the short sale date.
2 sample Letters from Lender:
Finish it off. Attach short sale approval letter(s) from your lender and your closing statement (HUD-1) showing the loan closed with you as the seller, not the lender as the seller.
You will receive an answer back from the CFPB within 15 days so keep an eye out for their emails.