How the Consumer can take “Dispute” off of their Credit themselves
- Email customer credit report. Follow steps 3 and 4 to locate all repositories with disputed
- Go to credit report. On account where dispute shows up, click on repository link (XP/TU/EF) to see individual 3 repositories.
- This links you to individual repositories. There can be up to 3 disputes noted, or 1 for each repository. Check each under Remarks for the word Dispute. Whatever tradeline the Dispute is noted on must be deleted from credit. Experian and Equifax below show Dispute in remark. TransUnion does not. Borrower only needs to request Dispute be deleted from Experian and Equifax.
- Call the Creditor (Vanderblt Mortgage, ph# listed on credit report). Tell them you no longer want to dispute validity of the debt & to remove the comment. Tell them you are in the process of a mortgage and clarify that this will be done in 72 hours.
- Ask that the dispute be deleted and request a letter from the creditor to confirm.
- Consumer calls each bureau back after 72hours and confirm the dispute have been removed prior to HCA or lender re-pulling their credit.
- Through your HCA or lender that credit report received from, re-pull credit 48 hours after dispute removal requested.
How the Lender can Delete Dispute through Rapid Rescore
Below is a generic dispute removal request letter if your credit bureau must do a Rapid Rescore.
Provide the letter shown below noting each account that dispute shows up on credit report for and the account#. Even if the dispute is noted under 1 to 3 of the repositories (EF/TU/XP), only list the account once with the account # on this letter. (Experian and Equifax only in example above.) Loan Officer/Processor must sign. Loan officer must pay for if file in process. (Thank you, CIC Credit!)
Equifax Transunion Experian CIC Credit
PO Box 740256 PO Box 2000 PO Box 2002 327 Caldwell Drive #100
Atlanta, GA 30374 Chester, PA Allen, TX 75013 Goodlettsville, TN 37072
RE: TRADELINE AND ACCOUNT #
To Whom It May Concern:
I/We are writing to request the term “account information disputed by consumer” and/or “consumer disputes this account information” be removed from my/our account(s)/credit report(s). I/We had previously disputed erroneous information that was reporting, but the above creditor(s) has since corrected this information, therefore, I/we no longer dispute the information being reported. I/We have requested that each creditor update this with the bureaus.
I/We are requesting that it be removed as soon as possible, as I/we are no longer disputing this account or its status.
BORROWER SIGNS NAME HERE
CONSUMER ADDRESS CONSUMER ADDRESS
|In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (Section 611), CIC Credit will submit the above signed letter to all three repositories on behalf of the consumer. In order for dispute verbiage to be removed from the report thru the Rapid Rescore ™ process, this letter must be signed and dated by all consumers and Loan Officer/Processor.
Please be aware, the removal of dispute verbiage through the rescore process in no way guarantees the creditor will not report the dispute to the repositories on their regular data download at their next reporting interval. The consumer must also contact each creditor to have them also remove the dispute and comments from the reporting data. CIC Credit will not be held liable for the creditor reporting the dispute after the rescore had been completed.
LOAN OFFICER OR PROCESSOR SIGNS HERE AND DATES
Loan Officer/ Processor Acknowledgment Date